I don’t think I’ve ever really spoken about my actual real job on my blog much but I work for a leading car insurance company so I spend the majority of my day talking to people about car insurance… However I personally hate the idea of driving.
I decided recently to get myself a bike through our cycle to work scheme and I absolutely love it! It’s changing the way I live my life and opening up my options to travel further distances without paying for public transport. Below are 23 (totally valid) reasons you too should get a bicycle!
- Bikes are infinitely more environmentally friendly than cars!
- You will get fit toned legs and maybe even a thigh gap if you cycle lots & lots
- It will improve your general fitness and cardiovascular system
- Which means you’ll also sleep better
- You look hella cute riding a bicycle
- And you will have sexy windswept hair (most of the time)
- In the summer you can put pretty flowers and your pet cat in your basket and look even cuter
- In the winter your basket will become a great snowball storage unit
- You will save approximately £200,000 in your lifetime by not driving. See Money Supermarket’s figures.
- You do not need to tax or insure a bike
- And parking your bike is always free
- However if you want bike insurance it’s £25 a year, car insurance is much more
- You can sing Riding Dirty by Chamillionaire while you ride around and everybody will think you’re a balla
- Unless you count the cycling proficiency test you did in year 4 then riding a bike does not require any tests
- Which means not paying for any lessons
- You can travel through busy city centres much faster than a car
- You’re supposed to stop at traffic lights but nobody’s gonna give you a ticket if you go through one (just use the pavement)
- You can take shortcuts through parks and down rivers and across fields
- You can’t kill anybody with a bike (unless you try really hard to)
- You can’t kill yourself. Although someone in a car could kill you… ffs.
- Which means nobody will make a claim against you and cause your insurance to shoot up
- You can cycle slow enough to hatch eggs on Pokémon Go
- You can catch more Pokémon & hit more Pokestops than somebody on foot!
Are you considering taking up cycling? Or do you feel the same as I do about cars?
FOLLOW LIBFEMBLOG ON: