all photos by Rebecca Claire, libfemblog.com (CANON EOS 700D) // all rights reserved
H O L Y S H I T 2 0 1 6 I S A L M O S T O V E R !
I feel like 2016 was my year! It was the first year of my life where I felt like I had hit peak adulthood, like instead of pretending to adult I was actually, well… adulting. I sure hit some bumps along the way but I have learnt so so much and I am so much better for it.
Before I dive into the juicy stuff I also thought it about time I announce that Ash & I will be moving in together in March and I am so damn happy about it and we are going to have the most beautiful Pinteresty home that ever existed. lol.
C O N S U M E M E D I A M O R E C O N S C I O U S L Y
We’re all guilty of mindlessly scrolling through our social media feeds and it’s such a waste of time which could otherwise be utilised reading intriguing blog posts, fascinating articles and other inspiring content. I often catch myself scrolling through tweets and photos which aren’t contributing anything to my happiness. In order to stop myself from doing this I need to break the habit!
- I resolve to take a month off Facebook in the new year
- I resolve to only use social media consciously by imposing a ban and slowly lifting it
- I resolve to focus on blog growth on no more than 2 social media sites
- I resolve to avoid mindless scrolling!
G E T M Y P R I O R I T I E S I N O R D E R
This sounds pretty vague as a resolution but it groups a few little things well and is something I need to consider across many parts of my life. Life is so busy and it’s often difficult to maintain a good balance of work, social life, love life, hobbies and family. So sometimes we need to put things aside and focus on what’s really important.
- I resolve to see my family more often (at least once every 8 weeks!)
- I resolve to blog once a week every week and to make every post something to be proud of
- I resolve to do more over-time and to focus really hard on doing the core parts of my job role really really well
- I resolve to keep on top of household chores and if that means making a schedule then so be it
M A K E T I M E F O R R E A D I N G
My reading habits this year have been totally awful! I pick up a book, speed through it in a few days and then don’t find anything new to read for weeks. This habit is down to two things; a. not having anything to read and b. not putting aside the time to read.
- I resolve to put together a list of ten books and every time I’ve read one I’ll put a new one onto the list
- I resolve to make use of Goodreads which I used to find tons of books through
- I resolve to put aside reading time for both me and Ash before bed
- I resolve to read on lazy weekend mornings
What are your new years resolutions? Did these inspire any resolutions of your own? Leave a comment & don’t forget your blog link!
Like what you’ve read? Subscribe to Libfemblog on: